For now, here are some sites I found with tips and tricks for making fast Grand Prix/Pinewood Derby cars.
- Wayne Schmidt's AWANA Grand Prix Race Car Page (Engineering analysis of what works and what doesn't!)
- Scoutorama's Mixed Bag (Some good, some bad)
- Fast Facts (Generally good, basic tips)
- Pinewood Freak (Lots of articles - READ THE COMMENTS!)
- The Physics Behind the Car! (Very cool for the geekiest of us - explains why things work)
So what is my regimen? It's a secret! When you're competing against folks who have tracks set up in their barns, you have to keep some kind of edge!